Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Egg Applique Tutorial

Pin It

Need something cute AND quick for Easter?
I whipped up these shirts and matching Susi skirts in about an hour.
I know my girls will love hunting eggs in these bright creations!

Materials:
~ Piece of scrap fabric
~ Embellishment trim such as rick rack or ribbon
~ Heavy Duty Wonder Under
~ Shirt (mine is from Walmart for under $4)
~ Iron & ironing board
~ Sewing machine & thread
~ Paper and writing utensil



Fold a piece of paper in half.


Draw an egg shape.
{oval with the top part smaller}
Cut out your "egg".


Trace egg on to the paper side of the Wonder Under.


Place the rough side on the wrong side of the fabric and iron.
I hold the iron on for about 15-20 seconds.


Rip off the backing of the Wonder Under.
Place your egg on the shirt and iron.
You could also make 2 eggs and layer!


Go to your sewing machine and top stitch around the egg.
I used a triple stitch so that you can really see it.


Using your embellishment goodies, place it across the egg.
I kept it simple by using some grosgrain ribbon and rick rack.
I also used some Stitch Witchery to tack down the grosgrain
but you don't have to, just top stitch to keep in place.


Go back to your sewing machine and stitch across to keep everything in place.
Again, I used a triple stitch so that the line across the rick rack was defined.


Here ya go!
The finished product.
And the neat thing is you could actually put 2 eggs,
more embellishments or anything else you can think of.
I kept it simple in lieu of time!




I think my girls will be "egg"cited to wear these tomorrow!
I hope you are having a fabulous Easter weekend!

{SIG}nature Creations

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...