Friday, January 14, 2011

It is the details that count!

Pin It
I'm a detail kind of gal.
It's my thang.
I'm pretty close to OCD about it.
Especially when it comes to the things I sew for others.

I hate loose threads.
It's my pet peeve.
I've always got the skizors (read it the way I spelled it & welcome to my weird world) handy & am snipping away.
Ask the peeps that have witnessed me sewing.
I swear. OCD.

But there are so many other things I pay attention to.
Seams.
Hems.
Elastic bands.
Ruffling.
Top stitching (another of my pet peeves...unfinished top stitching).

I want you guys to see the differences between stuff that doesn't get paid attention to.
And, the stuff that does.
It makes the difference.

I may not be the bestest sewer in the world.
Nor do I call myself a seamstress by any stretch of the imagination.
I'm just a mom to triplets that enjoys quality items for a reasonable price.

I have unfortunately come across the not so quality items.
I've even made a few myself.
I look back at some of the firsts I've made for the kids.
Not so much in the detail department.

Amazing how far I have come in a year.
Actually longer cuz I've been sewing since I was a kid but not at this level.
And honestly, it's those little details that count to me.
It makes the difference.

I'm going to be taking pics so you can see what I'm talking about.
For those that want to learn more & for those that want to know the difference.
So, be checking back to learn a few things!

XOXO,
Astrid

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...