Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Handprint Turkey Trivet Tutorial

Pin It

I'm not sure that I have actually put this out here on the blog,
but I also teach twice a week at my triplet's preschool.
It's fun and at times is inspiring.

I get to teach pre-k 3 and pre-k 4 twice a week.
One day is art, the other day is Spanish.
{i am originally from Argentina}

This past week for art, I made these super cute trivets with the students.
I thought it was cute enough to to share with you all.
Not only cute BUT it is super easy.

Seriously will only take you a few minutes to do most of the work.
The rest of the time is spent drying.
Let's get to it!

Supplies:
~ 5" x 5" Tile from anywhere you can find one (Home Depot, Lowe's)
~ Acrylic paint in the following colors...brown, red, orange, yellow, green
~ Paint brushes for each color
~ Sharpies (either fine point or regular) in red, brown, and black
~ Felt circles with adhesive on the bottom
~ Polyurethane or shellac spray

Before you get the paint ready, make sure to write the name and year.
OR, if your child is old enough, they can write it themselves.
I used cute dot letters since these are preschoolers.
I also go ahead and put the felt circles on each of the
four corners on the back side of the trivet.


Pour your paint out on to the surface of your choice.
Since I was dealing with 5 classes and 45 students,
I gave each color its own for obvious reasons.


I had each student come up to me and I painted
their palm and thumb brown and each finger a different color.
I guided their hand to the tile and pressed slowly in to it.


Came out super cute!


After the acrylic dries, it is time to add the "features".
I added an eye (in black Sharpie),
a beak and wattle (in red Sharpie), and
2 feet (in brown Sharpie).

Please forgive the absence of a photo but then next thing
you do is seal your tile by spraying it with polyurethane or shellac spray.

And you are finished!
You have the cutest turkey trivets around.
Don't just make one.
Make some for the grandparents.
You know they will use them for EVERY.SINGLE.THANKSGIVING.

And there you have it...the cutest Handprint Turkey Trivets around!

{SIG}nature Creations

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...