Monday, November 7, 2011

My Hobby ~ Photography

Pin It
I've always loved taking photos.
Something that is in my blood.
My dad use to be a photographing maniac.
And he was pretty good.

It just took me a while to get there.
And a good camera.
And a few reasons to use it.

Those would be my beautiful children.
Secondly, the clothing {SIG} makes.
We all know that photos sell products.
Ya gotta make them look good, right?

Last Christmas I got my Nikon D3000.
Love it.
Adore it.
Then I got an awesome lens for my birthday.

It became a hobby.
Trying to learn how to use it.
I'm still learning.
By no means an expert.

As a matter of fact, I would like to take a class.
I'm a hands on kind of learner.
Can't read and get the concepts.

Someone.must.show.me.

Much like my sewing was a hobby and now a business,
my photography is branching out the same way.
I've gotten a few paid gigs.
They have been lots of fun!

My style is a bit different.
I'm not really in to the posey-posey stuff.
I have been told I fall in to the photo journalism category.

I like to tell a story.
To capture a moment in time.



I was fortunate enough to have been hired to take photos at McKenzie's
birthday party this weekend and the above photos captured her perfectly.
And while I am at it, I am learning Photoshop hence the 2 versions above.
I much prefer the black and white.



Hunter was such a sweet and curious little boy.
I had plenty of opportunities to snag some beautiful photos.
Again, playing in PS & did an edit.



But that isn't all I like to do.
I really like things off the beaten path.
When my friend Kris hooked me up with a local artist, Solomon Kane,
I was able to photograph these awesome longhorn skulls he painted.
I absolutely LOVE the colors.

I have many, many more.
Just not enough time to share them.
But if you like what you see, check out my new Facebook page.


Have a wonderful Monday!

{SIG}nature Creations

1 comment:

ZanyMominTX said...

You are so amazingly talented and we were so lucky to have you shoot the birthday party. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...