Friday, April 8, 2011

Pretty in Pink

Pin It
Diaper cakes are so fun to do.
They challenge my creativity.
I can also put in some sewn goodies
in place of the normal stuff you get at stores.

And I get to get my friends in on the action.
Especially when it is requested to make it
"over the top" & all girl!

Diaper cakes get started w/ me
collaborating w/ the buyer.
Since they are custom & normally M2M
the shower or the nursery,
I am often sent the invite or room decor.

Then I go on the hunt for some flannel.
Gotta have a nice blanket to put underneath baby.
And why not embroider a name or monogram to
really personalize the cake?

Next, I talk about add-ons.
You know, the extra goodies.
Once that is set, I get to creating.

I get all sewing done first.
This helps me start visualizing the cake.
How I am going to put it together.


Then I pull in together all the goodies,
lay them out so I can see them all.
I also decide if everything fits in to the vision.
If it doesn't, it get's pulled.


Rolling commences.
And the diaper cake starts to come together.
This bottom layer has 52 sz 3 diapers.


Can't deny the littles helping me!


After the diapers are all together,
I let the goodies talk to me.
I roll them, move them, touch them.
Let them get to know one another.

Take them down,
try again.

Finally, I hit the jackpot.
This beauty is a result.
Not to shabby.



XOXO,
Astrid

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...